1 WHAT ARE COOKIES?
1.1 THE TERM ‘COOKIE’
Cookies, also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies, are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer or mobile device through your browser when you visit a website resp. use a mobile application. When you surf the same website later on, the data stored in that cookie can be retrieved by the website in order to notify the website of the last activity. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the status of the website or the previous activity of a certain user. They help us to optimise your visit to the Website, to remember technical choices (e.g. choice of language, newsletter, etc.) and to offer more relevant services and offers. If you wish to consult the Website resp. use it, Optimile encourages you to enable cookies. However, if you choose not to do this, you are always free to disable the analytical and/or targeting cookies.
1.2 TYPES OF COOKIES
- Based on duration
- Session cookies: these cookies allow a user’s actions to be simplified and linked to each other during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when the user closes the browser screen. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on your hard drive until you erase them or your browser does, depending on the cookie’s expiration date.
- Based on provenance
- First-party cookies: cookies placed by the owner of the visited website.
- Third-party cookies: cookies placed by a domain name other than the one of the website visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is to be considered a third party cookie (e.g. cookies placed by Google, Twitter and Facebook).
- Based on purpose of processing
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. These cookies will generally be first-party session cookies.
- Functional cookies (or “preference cookies”): these cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in.
- Analytical cookies (or “statistical cookies”): these cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Targeting cookies (or “tracking/marketing cookies”): these cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
2 LIST OF COOKIES OPTIMILE USES
The table below contains a summary of the cookies that Optimile, where appropriate, collects and which information they store.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding your consent.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.mobiflow.be
3 MANAGING & DISABLING COOKIES
You can also later in time modify your browser settings to decline cookies and you can also delete cookies that are already installed on your computer or mobile device. There are several possibilities to avoid the storage of cookies. Please visit the websites of the different browsers to learn how you can block the storage of cookies. Here you can find such websites regarding the most used browsers:
Please realise that when you decide to delete all your cookies, you probably will have to fill in all your usernames and passwords again on the websites you visit, where before you did not have to think about them. As already mentioned, cookies have benefits to your surfing experience on the web.
If you want to know more about cookies, please visit the site https://www.cookiesandyou.com. This website provides more information on cookies, explains in detail how to delete the cookies and shows you how you can allow familiar websites to storage cookies on your computer.
4 CONTACT MOBIFLOW